[AusNOG] BiLateral Peering Via MegaPort and/or NSW-IX

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Fri Mar 6 14:00:39 EST 2015

Further to this, the more peers you add, the more routes your routers
have to manage, and process, and filter, and activate based on best-path
selection. It's unnecessary processing time when IX's like NSW-IX and
Megaport IX strip their own AS, so at best you might be getting a higher
local pref on the other side, but it'd likely still come in via the same
path whether you set up the peering or not.