[AusNOG] Welcome to Metadata Retention

Mark McKibbin mark at team.dcsi.net.au
Mon Mar 2 09:36:21 EST 2015

Not sure how this would work (from the report)

(a) the type of communication; Examples: Voice, SMS, email, chat, forum,
social media. (b) the type of the relevant service; Examples: ADSL, Wi-Fi,
VoIP, cable, GPRS, VoLTE, LTE. (c) the features of the relevant service
that were, or would have been, used by or enabled for the communication.
Examples: call waiting, call forwarding, bandwidth allowances

Surely the ISP cannot record Chat, Forum, Social Media (there is a comma
between Chat and Forum) this would have to be up to the Facebooks, Googles
etc?