[AusNOG] What if?

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Sun Mar 1 17:27:25 EST 2015

On 1 Mar 2015, at 4:56 pm, Paul Wilkins <paulwilkins369 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if Turnbul rolls Abbott before the data retention bill is passed?
>
> Brandis would go in the reshuffle.

It would make literally no difference, because it isn't Brandis' policy. He can't even explain it, do you think he cares one iota about it?

It's AGD's policy, and they will remain exactly the same regardless of who their figurehead minister is. The new A-G won't care about it any more than Brandis does, but will be every bit as manipulable into supporting it.

> The whole idea might then get another round of public consultation, and we might even end up with something like a workable cost effective consensus solution.

Wishful thinking.

The only way to fend it off is to lobby your ALP and crossbench MPs and Senators.

Tick, tock.

   - mark