[AusNOG] Australian senate passes controversial anti-piracy, website-blocking laws

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:23:07 EST 2015

Really it's not that bad. They've seen fit to allow for a test of
reasonableness. Perhaps after the data retention shenanigans, they're
waiting for the dust to settle. This act will make for some interesting
discussions around what is reasonable: if it's not reasonable to withdraw
routes, and it's not reasonable to block IPs or do DPI, what else is there?
I'm already looking forward to the first test case.

Paul Wilkins