[AusNOG] Server / Appliance Hardware

Ben Cummings bcummings at clublinks.com.au
Fri Jun 5 15:17:00 EST 2015

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows where to obtain low powered rack-mount
hardware with redundant power.

I'm looking to setup a couple of Linux based DHCP servers, but I'm
trying to keep power usage as low as possible (in the realm of 200w-300w
each if possible, as these will be going in a DC) The servers themselves
don't have to be high spec processor or memory wise, not particularly
fussed on processor architecture as long as it can run up Linux.

The problem I'm finding is I can source servers with low power
requirements, but no redundancy - most servers I have found with
redundant power are 400w+

Does anyone on the list have any experience or knowledge with any
companies who sell such a product (without ordering 500+ units)? I'd
appreciate a helpful point in the right direction.

Ben Cummings
Clublinks