[AusNOG] DataCentre

Stuart Low stuart.low at me.com
Tue Jul 21 12:51:35 EST 2015

There has never been that much money in straight out whitespace or small rack counts. Now with big players moving in (Azure, Rackspace, Amazon etc) the cheap whitespace has been gobbled up in volume deals. Datacentre providers are therefore looking at increasing their value per square metre on their remaining space and consequently angling towards providing more managed value add additions. For small commits with no value add for them they start increasing the base price and price to what the market will pay. Conversely if you sign up for their value add services you will find racks and IPs start going down quickly ("bundling").

Just my 2c,

Stu