[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:13:22 EST 2015

*Similarly, if AGD knocks back your DRIP, your lawyer should be challenging
their judgement, and expecting justification for their position in the text
of the legislation, and appealing their decisions via the AAT or the courts
if their position appears untenable. They are legally compelled to accept
your DRIP if it meets the law’s minimum requirements, so don’t let them
reject it arbitrarily, and don’t let them talk you into taking a maximal
approach.*
Mark,
You know how I hate to be pedantic, but the correct line of appeal is not
the AAT, but ACMA, under section 187KA of the bill.

Paul Wilkins