[AusNOG] Site Visit - Sydney - Line/MDF Technician - ASAP

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:26:44 EST 2015

FYI
We are seeing this type of issue more and more in consumer complaints.

Pairs going missing (in service), insufficient quantities, no records...
yes this issue has been around ever since MDFs were invented, but with more
MDUs going in and broadband uptake what it is the problem is growing.

One consumer we talked to came home from summer holidays to find her
formerly working DSL service dead. Turns out the pair between the MDF and
IDF had been reallocated. No record updated.

It is behind a significant number of TIO complaints and growing. Please all
encourage your subbies to do the right thing as it will come back to bite
you when you get that bill from the TIO.

Shanti - I can only suggest having a look here:
http://www.registeredcablers.com.au/

all the best

Narelle

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Shanti Korporaal <
shanti at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a new Optus ULL line installed at our admin office in Glebe.
>
> Telstra allocated 'in place' pair details to Optus and they provisioned
> the service.
>
> But, there was no cabling in place in the MDF and Telstra can't tell
> anyone what the pair details are, although we might have an idea.
>
> We've logged a DoA fault, but it is going to be the 21st before someone
> can come out and tag it.
>
> I need someone who can find the phone line (ULL) on the lead-in in our MDF
> and patch it through.
>
> There is also no book/records in the MDF that we can find.
>
> I realise this isn't networks but I'm hoping someone here might know
> someone or have the skills to do this.
>
> Please contact me off-list and let me know rates.  Looking forward to
> hearing from someone.
>
> Peace
>
> Shanti
>
> *Shanti Korporaal - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
> 2014 Anthill 30Under30
> shanti at eintellegonetworks.com
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=shanti@eintellegonetworks.com>
>  ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
>
> Phone: 1300 239 038; Direct: +61 (0)2 8091 1224 Cell: +61 (0)423 045 588
> ; skype://shantikorporaal
>
> facebook.com/eintellegonetworks ; linkedin.com/in/shantikorporaal
>
> twitter.com/CloudGirlAU ; blog: www.cloudgirl.com.au
>

> The Experts Who The Experts Call
> Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com