[AusNOG] Temporary High Speed Links/Transfer Service?

Jonathan Thorpe jthorpe at Conexim.com.au
Fri Jul 3 14:05:56 EST 2015

Tape is actually pretty fast if the entire operation needs to be done sequentially.

From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Paul Wilkins
Sent: Friday, 3 July 2015 1:56 PM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Temporary High Speed Links/Transfer Service?

Yeah, but I think the time to dump to tape and restore is a factor here, if the data is time critical.
Paul Wilkins

On 3 July 2015 at 10:15, Greg Foletta <greg at foletta.org<mailto:greg at foletta.org>> wrote:

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
—Tanenbaum, Andrew S<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_S._Tanenbaum>

Greg Foletta
greg at foletta.org<mailto:greg at foletta.org>
+61 408 199 630<tel:%2B61%20408%20199%20630>