[AusNOG] Preferencing Peering BGP over Transit BGP session on Mikrotik

Daniel daniel at dwatson.me
Thu Jan 29 08:21:29 EST 2015

Hi Guys

As some people on-list may be aware ive switched from Vyatta/VyOS to
Mikrotik as its much easier for me to manage then all the issues i
previously had with Vyatta/VyOS,

Since switching across to Mikrotik ive not had any issues what so ever
except until now,

We have MegaPort terminated to our peering router, in which I have a ebgp
session configured between the peering router and our edge router,

However when i traceroute 8.8.8.8 it still seems to be going over transit
than peering,

I was wondering if somebody on-list whom might have 10 - 15minutes spare
could give me a hand to resolve this issue?

Please let me know and ill be more then happy to provide further
information on request.

TIA

Daniel