[AusNOG] Favourite USB to serial adapter cable

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Sun Jan 4 17:30:38 EST 2015

I believe the get console cable uses the FTDI Chip. I had forgotten the name.

The FTDI Chips are very often faked and I have had some experience with their fakes appearing in products I have brought (mainly from internet suppliers out of the east). For me the get console cables are high quality, well priced, and shipped from nearby but other places have other options (including Element14)

My advice is to stick one into each bag you take around just in case one gets lent out and doesn’t come back so quickly.

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Limited