[AusNOG] Netflix cracking down on geolocation bypassing (VPN, etc)

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 4 13:40:59 EST 2015

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Whatever happens, Netflix are going to have to be 'seen' to be trying to do something, otherwise they may start to lose content
> deals... They aren't so big that losing Sony or others wouldn't hurt them.

Sony isn't so big that losing Netflix won't hurt them, they expected to
make $US41 million in FY2014 from Netflix licensing. I dunno about you,
but I wouldn't be so quick to give up that sort of revenue.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/sony-pictures-mad-at-netflixs-failure-to-block-overseas-vpn-users/

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |