[AusNOG] "ISPs agree to graduated warnings for pirates"

Rod Veith rod at rb.net.au
Mon Feb 23 19:31:16 EST 2015

No Skeeve, you don’t ask for clarification. You should be telling them what threshold to use or do like I did and said I don’t support the scheme.

Remember there are larger issues here and be very mindful of ‘scope creep’ IF this scheme is adopted. Once a scheme like this is place and the Rights Holders are still not happy they will apply pressure for a small change to be made, say something small like requesting suspension of customer accounts until customer acknowledgement of wrongdoing or pays for challenge. Do you really want the industry forced into this position? Give these clowns power and they will use it to the maximum, exceed it where possible and then demand more.

Rod