[AusNOG] "ISPs agree to graduated warnings for pirates"

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Feb 23 09:40:05 EST 2015

On 22/02/2015 22:14, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> It's funny, the old 'lend your car so someone can commit murder' gets
> trotted out every time this topic comes up.  There's one big difference.
> Murder is criminal.  We're talking about assisting in a Civil matter.

Hey Damien,

If it's funny then great.
A car, hammer, nail, snail or an idea are at the same point since there
is a "end user" or more likely an "end point" which every crime affects.

I have been working on some servers couple years ago and I have seen how
an admin didn't considered for a sec that the end user will suffer from
a non planned service outage and will break connections.
For some it might not be such an issue while to the creator of the
movie, show or a software it can mean that he won't be able to pay his
phone bill.

I remember that somebody told me that I should not think about the
movies actors since they do get money.
I do not know how much money are they getting paid but I am sure that in
a case I would come to the actor neighborhood I will probably won't be
able to be a guest in any of the actors house just because I have paid
for their movie or any other reason.

You might consider it a Civil matter but after some actors hanged them
self or committed suicide or any other crime it should point out that
these actors have very little to loose in this world.

If you would have seen someone shooting at a driving car, what would the
Australian law permits or give for the civilized citizen to do about it?
should he wait for the police? can he save the victim and not get into
prison?

All The Bests,
Eliezer Croitoru