[AusNOG] AAPT's Telstra DA/Ethernet

Alastair Waddell awaddell at legion.com.au
Thu Feb 19 21:44:34 EST 2015

Hi All,

Would anyone who's got this up and running mind giving me some pointers for
this our first service?

CPE is Cisco ISR.
trunk at our end terminates on a Juniper EX
The e-line is one of many and usually, these end up as a sub-interface on a
router with simple dot1q encapsulation

I'm expecting to use the VLAN tag this service was ordered with at the CPE
and as the inside of a QinQ config at the provider end but no-one can tell
me for sure what the outer VLAN is (choose from contradiction or ambiguity)

Also, I don't know for sure that even that is on the right track.

To be clear, we're not trying to tunnel customer VLANs. Just trying to
bring the service up with the single VLAN provided to AAPT (who tell me I
need to use QinQ / I don't need to use QinQ)

Regards,
--

Alastair Waddell

Legion Internet