[AusNOG] Foxtel Internet is here

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Tue Feb 3 10:37:48 EST 2015

On 3/02/2015 2:18 AM, Chard, Alex (RET-SYD) wrote:

> I find it perplexing that this service uses ADSL rather than cable…
>
> If your customers have Foxtel… they almost definitely have a cable connection in the
> house (exception being satellite customers).

Not really..
(a) cable doesn't wholesale - Telstra don't have the systems to set up a different ISP
using cable, cable is Bigpond Retail only
(b) if you are Foxtel, and you already have the people with cable (and satellite)
connections subscribed, don't you get the biggest subscriber growth by extending the
market and making the access method you _don't_ currently support available as a new
option?

P.