[AusNOG] NSWIX Peering

Jared Hirst jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au
Wed Dec 2 14:18:36 EST 2015

We peer with as many people as we can, mainly for redundancy and also
access to content with low latency and fewer hops.

For example TPG only peer on pipe, so we have to peer there.

The cost of peering is minimal compared to the benefits you can get :-)

On Wednesday, 2 December 2015, Shane Short <shane at short.id.au> wrote:

> Hijacking this a little bit, what do people actually look for when you're
> deciding what IXP you should peer with? Is it table size, traffic volume,
> or a specific peer that's on the fabric?
>
> I've always peered with WAIX because that's just what we had, but i'm
> curious what metrics people care about when you have a choice.
>
> -Shane
>
> Nathan Brookfield wrote:
>
> Hi Gavin,
>

> I think Joe's figures may be a little off, the routing table is
> approximately:
>

> RS1 v4: 14343
>
> RS2 v4: 14337
>
> RS1 v6: 943
> RS2 v6: 943
>
> Many Thanks,
> Nathan Brookfield
>
> ------------------------------
> *From:* AusNOG <ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net>

Regards,

 Jared Hirst Chief Executive Officer[image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/ServersAustralia>[image: @serversau on Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/serversau>[image: Servers Australia]

Ask us about web hosting...
[image: QMS Certified ISO 9001 Compliant]Phone: +61 2 8115 8801
Network Ops: +61 2 8115 8850
Main Switch: +61 2 8115 8888
Web: www.serversaustralia.com.au

11/6 Reliance Drive, Tuggerah NSW 2259
PO Box 3187, Tuggerah NSW 2259

SYDNEY | BRISBANE | PERTH | MELBOURNE | NEW ZEALAND

*Notice:* This message may contain private and confidential information
intended only for the recipients. If you have received this message in
error please delete immediately and notify the sender. Any distribution or
reproduction of this message is prohibited. The views & opinions expressed
in this email are NOT necessarily those of Servers Australia.