[AusNOG] Data Retention Charge To End Users

Simon Sharwood simon at jargonmaster.com
Tue Aug 18 10:24:30 EST 2015

FWIW I've argued for this - as a political act. It worked for the Carbon
Tax.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/17/your_metadata_and_the_cost_of_collecting_it_belongs_on_your_phone_and_internet_bill/

S.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Kitchen <a.kitchen at xi.com.au>
wrote:

> Hey All
>
> I know when Andrew Yager ran the Data Retention workshop in Sydney
> recently towards the end and this was only touched on briefly about putting
> a Data Retention type of charge on end users accounts to help cover the out
> of pocket costs that we all face.  I haven’t seen any further information
> about this out in the media so I am just seeing what the feeling is amongst
> the industry and if anyone has any ideas about how to calculate charges etc.
>
> I feel that some kind of charges has to be past on to users as the out of
> pocket expense to the industry is too high for us to wear and needs to be
> recovered but it would be nice for the industry as a whole to approach the
> together rather than some pass it on and others wear it.
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Kitchen

Simon Sharwood | JargonMaster Corporate Communications |
M +61 (0)414 37 37 26 |
E simon at jargonmaster.com | W www.jargonmaster.com
24 North Street Marrickville NSW 2204 AUSTRALIA
ABN: 14743763968
Work blog: jargonmaster.wordpress.com
Free/Busy details: http://www.jargonmaster.com/calendar/
I'm a member of  DHBC.org.au and a vExpert