[AusNOG] Speedtest.net and other 'ISP' lists

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Aug 13 09:15:52 EST 2015

Hrmm - I'm not sure thats 100% true - doing a check of the IP space on
there correctly shows ISP as what I want to read. I've submitted a
correction anyway but we will see what happens.

Also another NOG'er emailed me offlist saying that their own customers
with their own IP space (so not owned by this person), speedtest.net is
modifying it to say their network and not the customers, so says to me
they try to do some other sort of lookup for ISP Name, otherwise Maxmind
would give the IP Owner's information to Ookla.