[AusNOG] Speedtest.net and other 'ISP' lists

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Aug 13 09:02:30 EST 2015

Hi Noggers,

  Recently speedtest.net has been showing one of my vISP's names for
'ISP' under a large amount of my IPv4 space incorrectly.

  Not only is it incorrect, it is a bit of a leak to other vISP's and
customers when they see the incorrect name on this heavily used website,
and start querying it.

  The APNIC Whois etc certainly hasn't changed, so I'm wondering about
how these sites determine who is the ISP, and if there is a way to
update it back to using the APNIC descr field on the blocks whois output?

Thanks,
Joe