[AusNOG] Brocade CER-2024 Forwarding Issue's

Russell Brenner rbrenner at Brocade.com
Wed Aug 12 15:42:41 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

I'll contact you off list to assist.

Russell Brenner
Systems Engineer
Brocade
Suite 311, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne 3004
M. +61.412.869.959<tel:+61.412.869.959>
www.brocade.com<http://www.brocade.com>

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:37 PM -0700, "Daniel Hooper" <dhooper at gold.net.au<mailto:dhooper at gold.net.au>> wrote:

Hi,

All this week I've been seeing some strange forwarding issue's and mac-address learning problems.

Currently running a CER-2048C with code version 5.4.0bT183.

I'm not doing any VLL, VPLS or MPLS on it, it's purely just a layer2 switch at this stage.

The symptom's we are seeing;

*         Traffic stops forwarding between interfaces

*         Unable to learn new mac address's on interfaces

I resolved the issue earlier in the week by performing a reboot of the box as it had been up for 735 days and figured it was just kind of weird bug, but it's started doing it again today.

Any suggestions on where to look on why it can't learn new mac-address's ? theirs currently only 250 mac's in the table. One workaround I have done today and previously was to move traffic into a vlan that's already tagged on the same ports and changing downstream switches to matchup, it's a nasty workaround I know, and I'm surprised it will re-learn the mac's with a different VLAN, if I attempt to create a new VLAN it will not learn mac-address's on the new VLAN either.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel Hooper | Network Manager | Goldnet | ph +61 8 9080 5111 | fax +61 8 9021 0222 | Shop 1, 97 Forrest St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430 | PO Box 1043, Kalgoorlie WA 6430 | dhooper at gold.net.au<mailto:dhooper at gold.net.au>