[AusNOG] Transacting in USD

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Aug 10 10:36:29 EST 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Matt Palmer <mpalmer at hezmatt.org> wrote:

> Pretty much any (big) local bank should be willing to give you a
> USD-denominated account -- the two that I've seen asked about it have both
> been willing.  The fees will be eye-watering (because they can), and you'll
> still be paying the stupid international wire fees, but to save currency
> risk, they're quite handy.

International banks may be a better option.  I have accounts with Citibank
in the US (USD) and Australia (both AUD and USD).  Transfers between the
two countries are free, with an excellent exchange rate if transferring
currency.

However I'm not sure how easy getting a US account setup would be if you
don't have a legal presence in the US (I'm a US resident, so it was easy)

  Scott