[AusNOG] Transacting in USD

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Mon Aug 10 10:22:25 EST 2015

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 11:59:43AM +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get a bank account - preferably with an AU bank,
> that you can be paid in USD, and then pay out (locally or overseas) in
> USD... so as to avoid the converting it to local currency and then losing
> on any delays and market fluctuations.

Pretty much any (big) local bank should be willing to give you a
USD-denominated account -- the two that I've seen asked about it have both
been willing.  The fees will be eye-watering (because they can), and you'll
still be paying the stupid international wire fees, but to save currency
risk, they're quite handy.

Oh, yeah, have fun doing business in the US without a US business entity.
Their "know your customer" laws... oy gevalt.

- Matt