[AusNOG] Cheapest half decent 10Gbps switch (for iSCSI only)

Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral kristoffer.sheather at cloudcentral.com.au
Mon Apr 20 12:54:12 EST 2015

Suggest starting here;

 http://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/display/HardwareGuides/10G+Hardware+Quick+Reference+Guide

 Edge-Core AS5610-52X ( with ONIE)
 http://www.edge-core.com/ProdDtl.asp?sno=436&AS5610-52X
 Edge AS5610-52X ONIE DS R01.pdf datasheet

 QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY2R (with ONIE)
 http://www.quantaqct.com/Product/Networking/Bare-Metal-Switches/QuantaMesh-BMS-T3048-LY2R-p53c77c75c159
  QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY2R datasheet

 Packet Buffer 9MB shared

 http://www.arista.com/en/products/7050-series

 Arista 7050S Datasheet
 Arista punts 10/40 GbE juice-sipper:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/28/arista_7050s_7124sx_switches/

 Buffer 9MB

 As per the Cumulus Linux and The Register you'll note that all three switches share the Broadcom "Trident+" merchant silicon.  The only difference is the Network OS.  In the case of Cumulus Linux its been around quite a while now so should be mature.

  Regards,
Kristoffer Sheather