[AusNOG] Community TV given the flick

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Fri Sep 12 18:24:54 EST 2014

I will miss Briz31.

I remember watching "Caravaning with Tommo" (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR53H-zgU0I) as a younger Curtis - Tommo is
all to blame for my love of camping.

This is a dangerous precedent to set, in my opinion. I listen to community
radio (especially Switch1197) up here in Brisbane - to lose community radio
(which I would argue has greater penetration than community television)
would be an even greater loss to the community, and I am worried that this
is the next permutation of this exercise.

> I suspect that there is more life left in lower frequency radio waves for
digital transmission
but that isn't where the iPod money is.

Sssssh.... lest they start "reclaiming" the HF/VHF amateur radio
frequencies as well...