[AusNOG] Fwd: Life in the trenches of large-ish IPv6 networks

Beeson, Ayden ABeeson at csu.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 15:26:20 EST 2014

Yeah I had thought that as well, while I haven't reached the scale of clients this place seems to have, I haven't run into any problems so far and we have a full core deployment and a few various IPv6 clients and servers spread across the various campus networks we have.

We did have problems what that Intel NIC issue, but we had that on IPv4 networks that were not even IPv6 enabled yet, we just saw CPU spikes and some minor packet loss as thousands of IPv6 multicast messages were spammed out by clients every second...

At least we have a fix in place for that now, it was a pain in the arse to find :P

Thanks,
Ayden Beeson