[AusNOG] TPG Peering

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Oct 22 10:47:56 EST 2014

> I'm not certain that would work. He could just re-route via an alternate
> existing provider. Would anybody here be convinced to buy transit off a
> provider if you are having capacity issues with them at a peering level?

Ultimately, given the size of bandwidth requirement and the latency
critical level of the applications - this may well not be an option.

  Any peer he forces it out with a POP in NSW, will likely still reach
TPG via PIPE anyway, which still congests that single ingress point. To
really route around this ingress point would likely have to
geographically route it outside of it's reach, adding latency and
possible identifying other points of congestion for his 500mbits of
traffic to go through.