[AusNOG] Google DNS

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Oct 15 10:22:13 EST 2014

I also use them in a lot of IoE devices, especially for longevity... when
DNS servers are decommissioned for some reason (which does happen), it is a
pain to get everything changed.

I hope that the Google Public servers will be around for many years to
come, so yes... convenience and portability (moving between providers).

I just had a situation crop up where about 100 sites used to be on TPG and
a few years later moved to another provider due to business decisions...
migration was easy, but the DNS all broke badly as they were no longer
allowed to query the hard set servers.

We wont have that issue with googles servers.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering