[AusNOG] Bgp capable router for aws direct connect

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Oct 7 19:41:47 EST 2014

Yeah, I have a CCR1009 currently taking two full feeds (Waiting on the
third) and I'm really quite happy with it.    However they're $560 (with
SAGE-AU discount), so I figured not in the range of 'keeping costs down'.
Guess it depends on your relativity though ;)

Note the suggestion to turn off packet inspection and try to keep traffic
on the fast path.  I can't push more than 650mbits/sec of TCP between any
two interfaces on my CCR, however common consensus has been that that is
because I'm doing VRF's, and quite a bit of policy routing on mine.  Note
that this is a limitation specifically with single TCP streams. UDP can
saturate the interfaces in both directions without a problem :)

On 7 October 2014 19:35, Jared Hirst <jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au>
wrote:

> Mikrotik Cloud core routers are apparently awesome!
>

> On Tuesday, October 7, 2014, Craig Askings <craig at askings.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Some top of rack switches can do bgp. Usually require an enhanced
>> features licence of some description.
>>
>> Juniper ex4200 / 4300 / 4550.
>> Cisco Nexus 6001
>>
>> and likely quite a few others.
>>
>> On 7 Oct 2014, at 6:06 pm, Matthew VK3EVL <hitman at itglowz.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi guys,
>> > Asking for a friend as I'm a little out of touch with current models.
>> What is out there that could handle gigabit throughput and 50 or so routes
>> learnt through bgp and Rack mountable. They're trying to keep costs down
>> but need it to be reliable.
>> > After techy responses, not sales ones.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Matth

> --
> Jared HirstChief Executive Officer
>
> Office Address: 2/2 Teamster Close, Tuggerah NSW 2259
> Postal Address: PO Box 3187, Tuggerah NSW 2259
> Phone: +61 2 8115 8801 | Network Ops: +61 2 8115 8850 | Main Switch: +61
> Web: www.serversaustralia.com.au
> [image: Servers Australia - Logo] <http://serversaustralia.com.au/>How
> are we doing?please click here to tell Servers Australia - We‘re listening
> <https://docs.google.com/a/serversaustralia.com.au/forms/d/1LN6H3Dc8TCJFmNH7pxVkAfrhP3MosGNAueA8hteFbIY/viewform#start=openform>[image:
> Find Us on Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/ServersAustralia> [image:
> Follow us on Twitter] <http://twitter.com/serversau> [image: Follow us on
> Google] <https://plus.google.com/112681060777876559914>
>
> *Notice:* This message may contain private and confidential information
> intended only for the recipients. If you have received this message in
> error please delete immediately and notify the sender, as any distribution
> or reproduction of this message is prohibited. The views & opinions
> expressed in this e-mail are NOT necessarily those of Servers Australia
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email - every year we
> are losing 40 million acres of oxygen producing forests through logging and
> land clearing.

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/