[AusNOG] Weekend Route Leaking - 203.27.101.0/24

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Mon Nov 17 12:56:57 EST 2014

Thunderbird : To protect your privacy, Thunderbird has blocked remote content in this message.

Ctrl + U view source (And some trim)

  by lists.ausnog.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 72C0822D89
  for <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>; Sun, 16 Nov 2014 00:00:23 +1100 (EST)

Subject: [AusNOG] Weekend Route Leaking - 203.27.101.0/24

Gday Guys

It seems (Atleast to my eyes) that TPG are leaking the routes for
203.27.101.0/24 overseas?

Can anybody else on-list confirm this before I contact them direct?

An IP you can traceroute is 203.27.101.1

TIA

Daniel

<http://t.signauxtrois.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4dY
_WW8p_btW8qC9y4W8qCnPv1pctGFVX0kJF1k1H6H0?si=4827875764076544&pi=1fd04645e76
84d54b6d28eae93aa4769>

See that bit at the end there.
It 302 redirects to
http://api.getsidekick.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4dY_WW8p_btW8qC9y4W8qCnPv1pctGFVX0kJF1k1H6H0?si=4827875764076544&pi=1fd04645e7684d54b6d28eae93aa4769
which includes some kind of cookie as well.

That was on both of your earlier emails.
both daniel at dwatson.me and daniel at glovine.com.au

you can see it in the list archives at
http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2014-November/028115.html

So whilst it may not be on the email you just sent, it was on the ones
that started this thread.

I understand that this kind of tracking stuff has a habit of clawing its
way into everything as soon as you open the door to it at all, but you
are dealing with a group of people who are very sensitive to this kind
of thing.
Getting defensive like that isn't going to do anything other than prompt
them and everybody else to think less of you.

There are really only two options to resolve this well, and both of them
involve owning what you are doing/have done.
Either including the tracking thing is something you do on purpose and
you should say words to that effect (a tough position to defend,
particularly in this environment), or admit it was sent in error and you
haven't gotten your crap sorted out yet, and thank them for pointing out
that you missed something.

Its very hard for people to be angry with you if you are thanking them
(and then acting on their suggestions).