[AusNOG] Can you get Static IP's on Telstra Cable?

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Mon May 19 13:53:19 EST 2014

Not sure if this is helpful, but in my experience the IP you're allocated
on Telstra cable remains the same unless your connection drops for a period
of time longer than the DHCP lease is held for.
For the duration I was on cable (1.5 years) I only went through 5 IP
addresses and most of these were due to power outages or a Telstra outage
longer than 24 hours :-)

- Andrew