[AusNOG] Radiator vs FreeRADIUS

Luke Iggleden luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au
Mon May 19 11:24:01 EST 2014

Hi Peter,

My first line was my disclaimer, the last time we used an open source
radius was cistron radius, which from the existing website now
recommends freeRadius. If we were successful with Radiator, why would we
spend time to go and review another RADIUS?

I know nothing about the current version of FreeRadius and I never
suggested that I did. I was merely giving a +1 for Open's Radiator as we
have used it for 8+ years supporting 10's of thousands of users.

In particular we had a requirement to do lots of re-writing of radius
packets using handlers & hooks which no other product had the ability to
do those years ago which can easily be done right out of the radiator
config.