[AusNOG] DS-Lite is IPv6-only from outside...

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Jun 18 21:05:39 EST 2014

On 18/06/2014 8:02 PM, Mark ZZZ Smith wrote:

> http://www.extremetech.com/computing/168394-xbox-one-will-be-best-experienced-with-ipv6-how-do-you-get-ipv6-at-home-though
"By using IPv6 on your Xbox One, you should have less latency when playing multiplayer
games, any data that you do transmit over the internet should be safer and more
private, and in general any connections made by the Xbox One — either to remote
servers, or peer-to-peer — should be faster and more responsive."

False, False and False, and false - with advice like this, its no wonder people are
shaking their heads and moving on. I can just see the poor CSR who gets a customer
calling up "it says here that I should be getting less latency, but the latency is
worse than before I turned on that IPv6 thingy stuff"!

P.