[AusNOG] PIPEIX Problems

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sun Jun 8 21:22:07 EST 2014

Hi list,

  I just moved my PIPE Peering to a new router - what has changed is the
MAC and the Router ID. PIPE updated the MAC and i got connectivity
again, I am receiving and installing routes, and I can see my router
sending out routes but PIPE appear not to be installing them.

  You can see summary on their looking glass here:

https://lg.pipenetworks.com/?query=bgp&protocol=IPv4&addr=neighbors+218.100.2.134&router=Sydney+IX+(AS18398)

  You can see the 129 prefixes saved but not installed. The prefixes
saved are correct ones I'm advertising. This should not have changed
since our old router.

  Doing a bgp lookup on one of the prefixes you can see our direct route
their, but it is preferring one of our upstream suppliers peering which
has an extra AS in the path.

  I've logged a ticket and they are looking into it, but i thought I'd
chuck it out here in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Joe