[AusNOG] ISPMap for Australia

Barry Murphy barry at vibecommunications.co.nz
Sat Jun 7 08:09:55 EST 2014

Hey guys,

I operate a site in New Zealand which shows what transit providers different ISP's use, this can be viewed at http://ispmap.co.nz/realtime.php
I've just kicked off something similar for Australia and entered a couple of ISP's I've seen and know of which at this early stage is very few http://ispmap.net.au/realtime.php

Hoping any network operators or ISP owners out there may like to add their own ISP to the map from the link http://www.ispmap.net.au/submit_details.php
You won't automatically be added as I will need to approve the entry which shouldn't take very long.

If you are adding to the map, please keep in mind the IP address you provide get's looked up by the Cymru IP to ASN tool to obtain upstream transit details.

I like to capture and see how the internet has evolved from a select few transit providers to the multiple options now available.
It's also good to see how tier 2 providers change or add capacity to different upstreams over time using annual snapshots of the map.

Many thanks

--
Barry Murphy