[AusNOG] AAPT / TPG Merge NWB

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:57:52 EST 2014

Yeah, some people will actually get it into the contract for redundancy
reasons. Say they wanted 2 services completely redundant to each other so
they choose TPG and AAPT, they get it put in the contract that TPG will use
TPG dslams and AAPT will use Telstra / iiNet dslams that way you know if
there is a DSLAM failure you wont lose both connections. If TPG go in and
start moving everyone over to their own equipment despite this it could
have implications for DR / Redundancy reasons, and IMO should be grounds to
terminate the contract.

--Damian