[AusNOG] 1Tb/s native ipv6 traffic on comcast

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sat Jul 26 01:26:54 EST 2014

sixxs is a gateway though, as in over ipv4, global traffic, whereas this
comcast traffic is at most 2 hops, probably mostly 1 hop away from comcast
core/control. not meaning to diminish the achievement, just that because
Comcast control the CPE (their 30 mil subs), AND the host/networks that
supply that 1Tbit, its perhaps not so much of the removal of "chicken and
egg" the articles posited. still, with 10 million comcast subs using ipv6,
that does perhaps open up the egg and let other chickens around the world
offer services to comcast users at dirt cheap prices (he.net v6 being
basically free). Interesting!