[AusNOG] RFC7278 - "Extending an IPv6 /64 Prefix from a Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Mobile Interface to a LAN Link"

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sun Jul 20 20:22:56 EST 2014

To come back to this topic, in a clear opinion kind of way am I better
deploying a /56 or /48's per end user?

After the discussions here - I came to accept that IPv6 numbers are
staggering and always will be...but...a /48 is 65,000+ /64's, vs a /56
which is 256 /64's, /56 seems more reasonable but I'd hate to have to
renumber later in the game after everyone is used to having /56. Should
I move to /48 straight away or keep to /56?