[AusNOG] Wholesale VSAT providers in AU

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Fri Jul 18 10:18:54 EST 2014

If you are moving around, there are two options.

Cheap option: Talk to someone like AusNomadTech (http://www.ant.com.au/)
who are able to deliver services on Optus D1's shaped beam - I've built my
own setup similar to this for camping. I get 1024/256Kbps and 1GB of data.
Costs me about $60/month.

Expensive option: Inmarsat BGAN - if you need a truly, no fuss portable
system, these are absolutely fantastic. Inmarsat have an unlimited data
plan that works on their Australian spot beam and it was quite reasonable
from what I remember (about $1200-1500/month). Speeds are about 400Kbps.