[AusNOG] Village Roadshow confirms Netflix coming to Australia

Greg Anderson ganderson at raywhite.com
Tue Jul 15 17:35:34 EST 2014

Maybe I am missing something so please do correct me if I am wrong, but
this reads to me like Verizon doesn't have enough bandwidth from the
provider that is delivering the Netflix traffic.

Their 1-1 statement implies arrogance as far as I am concerned, that they
do not want to pay for any transit, only to charge other people for it.

The below is purely my opinion:

"Verizon - your customers are paying you to reliably provide them with data
from any source, or to deliver it to any source.  If you don't have enough
bandwidth from a source to provide that traffic, you need to buy it.  So
buy it, and charge your customers.  Or work something else out.  This is
most definitely your problem to fix."

Please clarify the problem with my opinion here.  I may well be missing a
key point here, and would love to know what that point is.  If none of
their pipes were full, then I would agree it is not their problem...

- Greg.