[AusNOG] "The NBN" will run on copper for *ever*

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:44:45 EST 2014

If we kill NBNCo and split Telstra wholesale off as a seperate business,
we might as well call it NBNCo v2 and be done with it, as it will have
exactly the same role to play as NBNCo does now (only they'll own all the
existing infrastructure, and we'll have to figure out what we do with all
those Telstra shareholders who bought their shares when Telstra owned and
retailed all the things.

Not splitting Telstra originally has caused massive problems, and they
can't be solved by splitting it now (if splitting it now is actually
possible to start with).