[AusNOG] WIFI/Internet on Planes

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Tue Jul 8 14:40:23 EST 2014

What I'd be more worried about is some people taking the relaxation of the
rules as tacit approval for any transmitting device, regardless of the
sanity of its output power.

I can just see some new F-call amateur taking his 10W HT on the plane and
keying up every repeater for 100KM - heavens knows what this does to
ACARS/ILS if there's any unintended sidebands/harmonics, especially if
they're keying up on VHF.