[AusNOG] routeros v Vyatta

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Wed Jan 29 15:17:06 EST 2014

My initial test was centos 6.5 with vmxnet3 nic, same vlan vm's on different hosts. Iperf got me 9.1+ Gb/s (pretty sure I got this with the e1000 ealier as well  but ...)
RouterOS to RouterOS same esx host with e1000, the most I could get was around 750Mb/s The other thing in my digging into the forums, there was an early request to move to MSI interrupts and different chipset, cause an issue with routerOS was it was bound to 1 cpu for routing and this was limiting throughput.

I am leaning towards  RouterOS on the outside of the firewall and Vyatta on the inside.

Seems like I can do all I want with the community edition too that's nice ! [ thanks Nathan]

Alex