[AusNOG] Juniper SRX and VPLS

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Feb 7 07:41:06 EST 2014

Hi Matt,

I did try this, specifying a list of VLAN ID's for a single unit but
that didnt work. :-(

FWIW I set up Wireshark to monitor what was flowing between two of the
Junipers (thank f**k for Wireshark :-D) and I can actually see that
the VLAN ID's are maintained within MPLS as I'd like them to be. It
just seems that for what ever reason when I try to configure a second
logical unit in to the routing-instance the first one stops working,
but the second one never works either.

If it joined them all together in to one big broadcast domain I could
understand that. Its the fact it stops working that is confusing and
frustrating. And as soon as you remove one of the logical units from
the routing-instance the remaining one will start working fine.