[AusNOG] Telstra Bigpond Cable Fault Issue

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sun Feb 2 16:54:38 EST 2014

Hey all,

Does anyone know a way to talk to someone in Australia, or with half a clue
at Telstra Bigpond Cable?

Our area (Glebe) had an outage on the 31st of Jan, which they SAY they have
resolved on the 1st of February.

But there are dozens of people still experiencing massive (60%+) packet
loss and extremely slow speeds.

The jerks in the Philippines are refusing to re-open or append to the
outage so that everyone is fixed, and want to send a truck roll to my
premises in 4 days time...  (6th Feb)

I've just had the most frustrating conversation with the Philippines in
which every time I was put on hold to check something I would go back into
the queue and get someone even more useless each time.... in just on an
hour I talked to 5 people who wanted to start from scratch each time and
none of which knew what packet-loss was.

Does anyone have a contact to get this 'outage' re-opened so that they fix
it properly? or get anyone out here quicker.

<frustrated>

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering