[AusNOG] preferencing Own Hosted Mirror Repo's

Daniel daniel at dwatson.me
Sat Dec 20 21:22:53 EST 2014

Gday Guys

Got an interesting topic to some,

We operate and maintain a few mirror's for different software such as
CentOS, OpenVZ, EPEL ect

However when we run yum updates and such, our local mirror's "even tho are
already listed in the mirror lists" are not selected as the closest,

I was wondering if anybody has a genius way of resolving this?  The only way
I know of, would be having to edit each repo file and changing the baseurl
line, and disabling the mirrorlist line,

However having a few hundred servers, this would be very difficult and time
consuming

I was wondering if anybody has an outcome for this if they have attempted
this in the past

Feel free to PM me if you don't quite understand or value more information

Regards

Daniel