[AusNOG] Carrier Licensing Changes - Residential and small business customers

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Dec 15 10:30:49 EST 2014

I personally think they should make the exception based on premises
'lit-up' or premises passed or something along those lines (size of
network), but there could be shortfalls in that idea.

I.E. if you have glass in the ground for the purpose of FTTH, then every
house you pass that you could potentially light up counts, but if you
have it in the ground for FTTN or FTTB backhaul, then only those
premises on the relevant exchange or MDF count. Once you surpass x
number of premises, then be classed big enough to have to sell wholesale.

This should protect the little guys who operate in a area and lit up a
few apartment blocks or something with FTTB