[AusNOG] Charter Change ?

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Fri Dec 12 09:51:56 EST 2014

My impression is that most of the drama inducing posts are asking [Vendor*Associate] level questions.

"This is NOT a forum for journalists to pick up leads, sales people to
sell things, end-users to pester their ISP, or bush lawyers to posit
their beliefs"

"This is NOT a forum for journalists to pick up leads, sales people to
sell things, end-users to pester their ISP or get basic technical support,
or bush lawyers to posit their beliefs".

That would be my recommendation.

I think the first paragraph on the charter covers this, but "creative reading" of that paragraph enables people to think there is wiggle room.

I also think that, irrespective of a charter change, the moderators _need_ to make a clear statement regarding their interpretation of the charter.  This will either stop people from making inappropriate posts, or stop people replying that the post is inappropriate.

Brad