[AusNOG] Charter Change ?

Joshua Riesenweber joshua.riesenweber at outlook.com
Thu Dec 11 22:48:37 EST 2014

My 2c...
FWIW I do not run an ISP, ASP, or large DC; but I subscribe because I learn a lot by reading the discussions that go on here.  That being said, I can understand how frustrating it must be for people running service provider networks to see questions on the list about what are essentially end-user or even residential services.
Ignoring the few personal disagreements, I think there is a disconnect between the definitions in the charter and what people are posting. The charter is very clear around the level of discussion "...internet infrastructure related service providers (eg ISP/ASP/DC etc)".Asking subscribers to create an inbox rule to filter discussions that are not in the scope of the list does not seem like a solution.
I can't remember where I read it, but I recall someone joking that if you don't have an AS, then you shouldn't post.
Long email, but to summarise...the question was raised about if/how the charter should be changed. I think the charter is very clear, but it is not being followed either due to individual interpretation or by choice .

Just my thoughts.
Cheers,Josh