[AusNOG] metadata conference on SkyNews

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:56:07 EST 2014

In residential terms it still has to come from an authenticated hop like a
PPPOE session which generally means radius logs with DHCPv6-PD which again
creates logs.

If them FUD mongers get their way, we should just log to AWS Glacier and
make the government pay the retrieval costs[1].

[1] Yes I realise is doesn't work this way, but why should ISP and our
customer pay for a legislation that isn't going to stop one threat.